1405RE: [Meditation Society of America] Journal Entry - November 24 - tosime

  • tosime
    Nov 25, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: November 24
      Time: 07:10 a.m.
      Duration: 61 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense - one stick
      - Essential Oil - (Precious flowers+water on burner)
      Pre-session: Ring Bell (forgot)
      - Sip of water
      - Ear plugs
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Previous day's influence: Can't remember.
      Mind Chatter: Medium - high.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Experience: Good Session.

      Result: Unusual session

      No bell - forgot to ring
      Started by staring at the flickering candle - it was captivating, seemed
      like it was alive!
      No orderly progression - body and mind seemed to be on different tracks.
      Seemed like my body was doing one thing and my mind was doing something
      else.

      However, very deep levels of physical relaxation. Loosing sensation in parts
      of my body such as face.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic