13889Re: Confused answers about the body Bruce and Jody

  • jodyrrr
    Apr 14, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Concentration on the I , is where to look for the neclace. Not
      > realizing the Self, is un-natural.

      That's silly. Very silly. Not realizing the Self is
      the *most* natural thing in the realm of human psychology.

      If it wasn't, there'd by a lot more realized folk about.

      > One more thing Jody, Honestly I dont believe you have read Sri
      > Ramakrishna and his divine play.

      You are right. I thought you were referring to "Ramakrishna,
      The Great Master."

      > Firstly it came out last year, and your friends money making endeavor
      > came out in 99, so you would have had your erroneous ideas about the
      > book, and would not have read it.

      Firstly, Kali's Child was not a money-making endeavor.
      It is a published Phd dissertion that found an audience
      due to the truths it contained.

      > Second from your skillfull avoidance of the bavamukha question, you
      > obviously dont know about it. As it was only mention in the book you
      > did not read.
      >
      > Third a major theme of the book was to show that he was a man, and to
      > remove the myth. Then your assumtions of our myths and such would
      > have no basis.
      >
      > Be back in a couple of hours.
      >
      > Namaste
      > Om Namah Shivaya
      > Jason James Morgan

      Whatever. The fact is that Ramakrishna liked the boys a
      lot more than the Math lets on to. It's easy for them
      to continue the coverup as the devotional community is
      chock full of fawning sycophants who would not dare to
      think critically about their precious "Thakur" fantasy.

      > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Natural abidance in the effulgence of Self if preceded by un-
      > natural
      > > > abidance in the effulgence of Self.
      > > >
      > > > It is like the allegory of the women looking for the necklace
      > > > everywhere, when the whole time it was around her neck.
      > > >
      > > > I think the western advaita people are doing some serious damage
      > > > the people who have not found their necklace. They there is no
      > need
      > > > to look, but leave out the part about how to find it.
      > >
      > > How would a woman find her necklace? Wouldn't she have to
      > > look? How can looking by taught?
      > >
      > > What's unnatural about being the Self without yet knowing
      > > the Self?
      > >
      > > The fact is, Jason, that everyone will see their necklace
      > > when they see their necklace. What are you going to do in
      > > the meantime? Meditation is a good idea if you're seeking
      > > the Self, but there are many kinds of meditation, taught
      > > and spontaneously manifested. It's not only what your
      > > interpretation of what the Rishis recommend, which itself
      > > is clouded in myth and belief.
      > >
      > > [snip]
      > >
      > > > Effort is needed to get to the effortless state.
      > >
      > > And what that effort entails is going to be different
      > > for every single person on the planet.
      > >
      > > --jody.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic