13687Setting goals in meditation

  • Tony Osime
    Mar 2, 2005
      Thanks Sandeep,

      ..Real meditation, being a thoughtless state, is free from goals, which
      is itself a form of thought.

      So if we approach meditation thinking I must meditate for 'x' minutes or
      I must achieve a certain state of mind, that process is simply a state
      of mind created by thoughts. Real meditation just happens. We might
      create a 'memory' of the meditation experience but we need to be careful
      and appreciate that the memory is not separate from the influence of
      thought and expectations.

      My sense is that a lot more happens during meditation than we are
      conscious of. Our best attitude towards meditation is no attitude at
      all.

      ...Tony
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic