13667Re: Help

  • jogeshwarmahanta
    Feb 21, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew"
      <ace_zero40@y...> wrote:

      > ihave taken an intrest in meditation and i was wondering exactly
      wat
      > to do to be in a meditative state. such as breathing a right way
      > along with certain positions. can anyone help?

      Dear Andrew,
      Namaskar.
      It is very nice that you are getting into meditation. Meditation
      means focusing attention on something. That something matters. If
      you are focusing your attention on your enemy then your meditative
      state is sorrowful and if you are focusing your attention on your
      loved one then your meditative state is joyful. Sorrwful and joyful
      states are result of chemical conditions of the body. Imagine, how
      quickly body chemistry alters due to focusing attention on
      something. So when you have taken up meditation I presume that you
      are in search of more and more joyful state of mind.

      For that you will have to set your goal first. One goal is
      dharmamegha samadhi, that is, independence from time and space, a
      state of pure conscience.For a beginner this goal is difficult to
      conceive. So I suggest a subgoal, that is,
      roopalabanyabalabajrasamhanatwani kaya sampat which means beauty,
      gracefulness, strength and toughness are wealths of body. So will
      you please set your goal first? Thanks.
      Regards,
      Jogeshwar.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic