13639Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: k versus t

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Feb 13, 2005

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dabrown1973"
      <daleryukyu@p...> wrote:

      > hi ya all  first of all, im glad their is a website devoted to one of
      > the most important things in life to me. i have experimented with a
      > variety of meditation techniques, the ones i have focused on
      > primarily is "feeling the body" and awareness of body.my first few
      > months was devoted to feeling the breath enter and leave, and it was
      > what got me hooked, but i found i couldnt do this while engaged in
      > other activities, and since i beleive its important to meditate
      > throughout the day, rather than just 20 minutes in the morning, i
      > have since moved on. for some reason, when i feel the body throughout
      > the day, i get a dull headache right where the "3rd eye" is located.
      > anybody have any info on that? secondly,i love krishnamurtis
      > teaching, as well as eckhart tolle, and have found both have been
      > beneficial. there are areas where their teaching conflict, and i
      > wondered if anybody with more clarity would want to respond on it.
      > both have written about watching your thoughts, being aware of your
      > reactions, however, tolle, as well as many others, states that when
      > you watch a thought, you are aware of your thought being there, and
      > here you are watching it(you are separate from your thought) but
      > krishnamurti states that division is the problem, that you are your
      > thoughts. anybody have any ideas, opinions on this?

      An excellent poser.:-)

      Awareness of the arising thought, it's travel in time and it's dissipation........is not another thought.

      If it is....then that's mentation and the entire hoopla is back.

      Jidu was talking about mentation, where essentially the self is just the thought-in-movement.

      For example, the sense of an individual self, as separated from other-self,..... is essentially the thought of it.

      In the state of dreaming it is the dreamt-self which is the consequentual inference of the dreamt-thought.

      In the state of deep sleep, there is no thought, (including the thought "that there is no thought"), and ergo no self.

      In awareness of thought, there is no "you" being aware of thought.

      There is awareness, in which arises the biological sentient object through which "fashioned" thought, fashioned by the intrinsic-conditioning-in-the-moment-in-the object....

      ...arises, runs for a duration and dissipates.

      As,..... arises, runs for a duration and dissipates....the very object acting as a conduiting instrument for thought.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic