13632Re: Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation

  • tangozenhouse
    Feb 11, 2005
      Am I missing something or what? Do you eat goldfish? I thought
      combining Tango with Zen was wierd.

      I don't know whether you noticed on my web site, where many dancers
      dance with their eyes closed. Do you think they become mindful while

      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Chan Park
      > <tangozenhouse@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > > My name is Chan Park, and I am new member to this
      > > group. I am not sure whether it is appropriate.
      > > However, I'd like to cordially invite you to visit my
      > > web site, www.TangoZen.com.
      > >
      > > Tango Zen is an innovative yet natural form of
      > > meditation you can practice while dancing Tango.
      > > Building on the striking similarities between Tango
      > > and Zen, Tango Zen describes a literal step-by-step
      > > method that is both rhythmic and simple to pursue in
      > > order to accomplish a peaceful way of being.
      > >
      > > I look forward to hearing your comments and opinions
      > > on Tango Zen.
      > >
      > > Thank you.
      > >
      > > Chan
      > >
      > Dear Chan,
      > It seemed to me that your site had a lot more to do with
      > selling dance lessons than displaying "the striking
      > similarities between Tango and Zen". Of course there is
      > no activity that cannot have the word "meditation" or
      > "mindfullness" or "zen", and so on, applied to them, and
      > thus Tango dancing could be seen as a "zen" activity, but
      > I don't see how it would be anymore so than bowling or
      > eating goldfish.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic