13628Re: Tango Zen: Walking Dance Meditation

    Feb 10, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Chan Park
      <tangozenhouse@y...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      > My name is Chan Park, and I am new member to this
      > group. I am not sure whether it is appropriate.
      > However, I'd like to cordially invite you to visit my
      > web site, www.TangoZen.com.
      > Tango Zen is an innovative yet natural form of
      > meditation you can practice while dancing Tango.
      > Building on the striking similarities between Tango
      > and Zen, Tango Zen describes a literal step-by-step
      > method that is both rhythmic and simple to pursue in
      > order to accomplish a peaceful way of being.
      > I look forward to hearing your comments and opinions
      > on Tango Zen.
      > Thank you.
      > Chan

      Dear Chan,
      It seemed to me that your site had a lot more to do with
      selling dance lessons than displaying "the striking
      similarities between Tango and Zen". Of course there is
      no activity that cannot have the word "meditation" or
      "mindfullness" or "zen", and so on, applied to them, and
      thus Tango dancing could be seen as a "zen" activity, but
      I don't see how it would be anymore so than bowling or
      eating goldfish.