1362Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question From Email

  • Jeff Belyea
    Nov 13, 2002
      >xxx wrote:
      >I have a Christian background and always was told that meditation was
      >a "New Age" thing and was of the devil. A new friend considers it the
      >same as prayer, which of course is a holy thing. How do meditation
      >and prayer differ?

      I like Mother Teresa's response to this question. She said, "Prayer is
      talking to God. Meditation is listening to God." I have a Christian background
      and was a preacher for 7 years in a church called, "Servants of The New
      Covenant". I taught meditation classes in this church. I am convinced
      that Jesus was a meditator, too. How about, "Be still and know that I am God."?

      Jeff
      --
      Jeff Belyea
      aka Jeffrey Noble,PhD