13597Re: [Meditation Society of America] Trina

  • Savitri &Kamalakar Rambhatla
    Jan 27, 2005
      I am a silent member of this group and reading and enjoying the info posted. Meditation is the key regardless of what method and who taught it. Just as two human beings are not the same, every person has unique awareness and the inert energy within us can come to the surface with meditation. I can suggest for those interested to visit www.dhyanapeetam.org and watch the enlightened master swami Nithyananda, a young 28 year old from Bangalore. He has given us only half hour meditation per day easily done by anybody. Infact he has trained acharyas last year who are now conducting life bliss program all over US, which cleanses and energises our 7 major chakras or centers. If anybody is interested further, please write to me. I am in Los Angeles.
      Sri Nithya Swabav

      "T." <jedsgirl522@...> wrote:

      How did you learn how to meditate?

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "n0by"
      <n0by4you@y...> wrote:
      > In true meditation the meditator and the object of meditation are
      > longer present.
      > If there is intention to meditate then this intention, this doing,
      > is coming from a doer. It comes from the concept of
      separation, "ME".
      > When meditation happens there is no one to whom it happens, no
      > happener making it happen.
      > Such moments cannot be brought about by methods, techniques or
      > practices as these are all ego based, based upon the idea that one
      > is not already existence itself.
      > The impulse to meditate arises when the action of seeking is
      > believed to be coming from a seeker, from "otherness", and this in
      > turn creates something to be sought. Seeking is an activity, NOT
      > entity, in consciousness.
      > That which the seeking arises from is what is being sought. When
      > this is intuitively understood no deliberate attempt to meditate
      > arise as the impulse to do so is no longer present, having been
      > severed at the root by the realisation that there is only Oneness,
      > that one is already what was being sought.
      > This is true meditation, there is no longer a meditator, simply
      > meditation happening.
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "T."
      > <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Okay!  I tried what you suggested.  First - my mind was of
      > > pretty loud and busy.  I'm sure you expected that.  I  just
      > listened
      > > to it and took some "mental notes".  Didn't seem really chaotic -

      > > just busy.
      > >
      > > Then I tried the counting technique - and I fell asleep the
      > > time (dang!!) BUT - I tried the counting technique again tonight
      > and
      > > although I did a lot of thinking (dang!!) I just did what you
      > > suggested and mentally said "thinking" and went back to
      > > I'm not sure that I accomplished any sort of medatative state -
      > > however I was PLEASED to see that when I opened my eyes, 8
      > > had passed when I was SURE it would be only 3 or 4.  So, that
      > > GOOD.
      > >
      > > I felt pretty relaxed and my hands and feet had a slight tingle
      > > I was surprised at how LONG it took to get to 10 (thinking!!
      LOL) -
      > > so, all in all I feel like it was a good experience.   I will
      > > continue to use this method and keep you updated.
      > >
      > > Looking forward to my next lesson!  *wink* and THANK YOU for
      > > the time with me - to teach me.  I really appreciate you!
      > >
      > > Trina
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hart
      > > <hartbd_62521@y...> wrote:
      > > > Hi Trina, try this, 1. first for 5 min just sit and watch what
      > > goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe,
      > > closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what
      > > you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on in
      > > your head right? OK  lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
      > > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count
      > > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
      > one
      > > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
      > > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it.  What
      > > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
      > the
      > > chatter this time?     Most of the time you can only think of
      > > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind
      > > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
      > > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
      > > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get
      > > with me please.
      > > >  Thanks Trina.
      > > > Namaste Bob Hart

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic