13594Re: [Meditation Society of America] Trina

  • n0by
    Jan 26, 2005
      In true meditation the meditator and the object of meditation are no
      longer present.
      If there is intention to meditate then this intention, this doing,
      is coming from a doer. It comes from the concept of separation, "ME".
      When meditation happens there is no one to whom it happens, no
      happener making it happen.
      Such moments cannot be brought about by methods, techniques or
      practices as these are all ego based, based upon the idea that one
      is not already existence itself.
      The impulse to meditate arises when the action of seeking is
      believed to be coming from a seeker, from "otherness", and this in
      turn creates something to be sought. Seeking is an activity, NOT an
      entity, in consciousness.
      That which the seeking arises from is what is being sought. When
      this is intuitively understood no deliberate attempt to meditate can
      arise as the impulse to do so is no longer present, having been
      severed at the root by the realisation that there is only Oneness,
      that one is already what was being sought.
      This is true meditation, there is no longer a meditator, simply
      meditation happening.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "T."
      <jedsgirl522@y...> wrote:

      > Okay! I tried what you suggested. First - my mind was of course,
      > pretty loud and busy. I'm sure you expected that. I just
      listened
      > to it and took some "mental notes". Didn't seem really chaotic -
      > just busy.
      >
      > Then I tried the counting technique - and I fell asleep the first
      > time (dang!!) BUT - I tried the counting technique again tonight
      and
      > although I did a lot of thinking (dang!!) I just did what you
      > suggested and mentally said "thinking" and went back to counting.
      > I'm not sure that I accomplished any sort of medatative state -
      > however I was PLEASED to see that when I opened my eyes, 8 minutes
      > had passed when I was SURE it would be only 3 or 4. So, that was
      > GOOD.
      >
      > I felt pretty relaxed and my hands and feet had a slight tingle and
      > I was surprised at how LONG it took to get to 10 (thinking!! LOL) -
      > so, all in all I feel like it was a good experience. I will
      > continue to use this method and keep you updated.
      >
      > Looking forward to my next lesson! *wink* and THANK YOU for taking
      > the time with me - to teach me. I really appreciate you!
      >
      > Trina
      >
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bob Hart
      > <hartbd_62521@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Trina, try this, 1. first for 5 min just sit and watch what
      > goes on in your mind, don't try and do anything, just observe, eyes
      > closed go ahead and do it now._____________________ Good what did
      > you see? what did you hear? there probably was a lot going on in
      > your head right? OK lesson 2. for 5 min choose one of these
      > practices, on the out breath count 1 every out breath count untill
      > you get to 10 then start over ,, eyes closed both practices this
      one
      > just say breathing in as you breat in and breathing out as you
      > breate out. now try that for 5 min. go ahead and try it. What
      > happen? Did you find that there wasn't room in your head for all
      the
      > chatter this time? Most of the time you can only think of one
      > think at a time so when you pratice one of these your mind chatter
      > should cease. If you find your self losing track of were you are
      > just go back to your practice. When any thoughts come just say
      > thinking thinking go back to your practice. Try this and get back
      > with me please.
      > > Thanks Trina.
      > > Namaste Bob Hart
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic