      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: November 11
      Time: 07:05 a.m.
      Duration: 49 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Dawn+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Previous day's influence: Still the training delivery.
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: none.
      Experience: Very Good Session.

      Result:

      Very good session. Still having warm feelings from the training session 3
      days ago.

      Decided to take a closer look at mind chatter.

      First I looked at the images that come and go. Rather than see the pictures
      I decided to look at how the pictures came and went. Developed an image of a
      man at a counter reaching behind him to pull out a large card from on of the
      shelves. As soon as he places the card on the counter it becomes an image in
      my mind. He is a friendly person and smiles and waves at me. He is ready to
      co-operate. What I see is that all he is trying to do is select the best
      picture for whatever thought I have. He has millions of pictures and tries
      his best to find the most suitable one. I ask him to slow down a little,
      relax and for a brief period, do not send me any pictures. He nods agreement
      and gives me a thumbs up sign. The images slow down and almost stop
      completely.

      I then look at my voice-over or the running commentary. I translate this to
      a stand up comedian who is sitting on a tall stool while holding a
      microphone. He is speaking all my thoughts. I give him a signal to stop
      speaking for a while. He shrugs his shoulders - he might co-operate.

      For a brief period the images stop and the mind chatter stops. The inner
      sounds come to the foreground and become very prominent. I then take on the
      identity of an inner sound. It grows and starts a wave of bliss. Just as it
      starts, I question what is happening and immediately my stand up comedian
      voices my questioning and the picture man places an image on the counter.

      I sigh - at least I had a brief moment of no-thought and no images. Decided
      to give up this effort for the mean time and asked the image man to give me
      a pleasant scene. I was put on the warm beach of a coral island. I was
      walking into the warm water. The whole scene was very beautiful and my body
      responded as if it was really happening. In some ways it felt better than
      the real thing.

      Came out of my meditation feeling calm and refreshed.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic