13562Re: Weekly Words ofWisdom

  • T.
    Jan 18, 2005
      Hi guys, it's me - the baby lurker.

      Holy crow, I want to get where you guys are!! I know of course that
      you all have been studying (??) and practicing for a long time and
      I'm willing to accept what I can achieve/recieve slowly but surely.

      I just don't know where/how to start!! I attempt meditation
      frequently - but still haven't achieved it. I'm not
      getting "frustrated" really, but something like it.

      I hate to ask you all to go back to basics - but any lessons/advice
      you could lend to a newcomer would be greatly appreciated.

      I want this very badly, but I'm finding that I'm not even exactly
      sure what "this" is - it seems the more I try to draw closer to it -
      the further away I'm actually getting. And it seems that all the
      wanting and trying is about as far away from it as it can get!! =o)

      I hope this isn't considered an intrusion. My apologies, if it is.

      Trina

      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > "Selfish love is not love. It's attachment, because you are doing
      > things for your sake. Real love has no selfishness in it. If you
      > really love somebody, it is completely selfless. The entire nature
      > loves us selflessly. Whether we appreciate or not, whether we give
      > anything in return or not, it just loves us. Rain pours without any
      > expectation; sun shines without any expectation; trees give their
      > fruits without any expectation; bushes give their flowers without
      any
      > expectation; the cow gives milk without any expectation. The motto
      of
      > the entire nature is selflessness: serve, serve, serve. In fact, we
      > are created to serve others, not to serve ourselves. We have been
      > provided everything by God or Nature, to serve others.
      >
      > God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
      >
      > H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda
      >
      > For more information about Swami Satchidananda:
      > http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic