13532Re: Weekly Words of Wisdom

  • °:-)
    Jan 5, 2005

      Subject:  what's worth: quotes of wise ones or encounter of fools?

      "When you see a new trail, or a footprint that you do not know, follow
      it to the point of knowing."
      --Grandmother of Charles Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

      "When temptation comes, I don't say, `Yes," and I don't say, `No.' I
      say, `Later,' I just keep walking the Red Road-down the middle. When you're
      in the middle, you don't go to either extreme. You allow both sides to
      exist."
      --Dr. A. C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA

      "What you see with your eyes shut is what counts."
      --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

      "The way of knowledge is like our old way of hunting. You begin with a
      mere trail -- a footprint. If you follow that faithfully, it may lead you
      to a clearer train-a track- a road. Later on there will be many tracks,
      crossing and diverging one from the other. Then you must be careful, for
      success lies in the choice of the right road."
      --Many Lightenings Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

      "Always remember that the Great Mystery is good; evil can come only
      from ourselves!"
      --Grandmother of Charles Eastman. SANTEE SIOUX

      "I believe that being a medicine man, more than anything else, is a
      state of mind, a way of looking at and understanding this earth, a sense of
      what it is all about."
      --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

      "They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life.
      They will have the peace that frees them from fear."
      --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA

      ".because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough,
      it will come into being."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

      People have to be responsible for their thoughts, so they have to
      learn to control them. It may not be easy, but it can be done."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

      n0by

      Subscribe to n0by

        Costly Cosy Cyber Creatures!