      From: jasonjamesmorgan
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 9:08 AM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] My meditations. Constructive Critisisms wanted.

      My meditations.Constructive Critisisms wanted.

      Can there be "my" meditations?

       Constructive Critisisms wanted.

      Why?

      If what is happening is in completion, ........who is the other to critic, ........whether constructively or other wise?

      If what is happening is in completion, .......who would be left, to want anything, .........either criticism or accolades?

      The One, The Absolute, Atman, Siva, the Self, the Christ, the Buddha,
      Allah, God, Brahman, Vishnu, I-I,  Jehovah / I AM THAT I AM, etc,
      etc, are synonymous.

      ...are conceptual terms.

      Moksha or liberation is the Self.

      Non – dual knowledge is the Self.

      When there is nothing which is not-Self,.....

      ........is there anything like Self, either?

      Samadhi means absence of thoughts.

      Samadhi is a thought.

      Absence of thoughts is a thought.

      The absence of the presence of thought and the absence of the absence of the presence of thought.......

      What is the true nature of mind?  Thought.

      hat is the true nature of thought? I.

      Who am I?
      I am Jason…
      I am…

      Hold the I to the exclusion of all other thoughts.  Then drop the I.
      Without the I, or relative perspective, there is no thought.  There
      is no mind.  Without mind the Self glows.  Drop the I.

      For whom is the "I" an issue, .......such that dropping it,....... is an invested objective?

      Who has picked up the "I" such that it believes that dropping the "pick-up", is a desirable possibility?

      In the non-dual state, there is no concentration.  Effort is
      sometimes needed to get to the effortless state.

      Effort connotes a distinctive, separated individual entity or self.

      Which belives it is itself which is efforting,... to move from A to B, or become Z from being X presently.

      Movement may well be occuring.

      In myriad forms, shapes and hues.
      Producing in turn, a myriad of effects.

      A tremendous display of energy-in-movement, may well be the case in the moment.

      However in all this hoopla, is there a distinctive, separated individual entity or self, involved?

      Or in charge?

      Thus,is there anything like a state of personal volitional effort?

      Or the effortless state.

      <SNIP>

      It is now lila, the divine play of the Holy Mother.

      "It is now lila, the divine play of the Holy Mother" suggests a time/state when it was not.

      In this moment now, ................is the past anything more than ....... a figment of memory......... and the future...... anything more than  figment of imagination?

      The past made up of mnemonic impressions of events, some of which are held to be achievements, among which some are held to be grand successes, some to be grandiose failures,...

      ....where does that entirety of the past exist,....... RIGHT NOW ?

      The future, made up of projections, goals, objectives, spiritual or otherwise, where does the entirety of the future, exist,........ RIGHT NOW ?

      This happened to me, .....infers the "me", isn't it?

      This should happen for/to me, .....infers the "me", isn't it?

      Even this moment now,  in the very attempt to cognize it, to capture it, to think about it..............it is already in the past.

      You,........ whatever be the prevailing assumption about your existence, ....

      .....can you ever meet the moment now?

      You, .........whatever be the prevailing assumption about your existence, ......

      ... can you ever exist in the moment now?

      And thus, just like the entirety of the past,.......

      ....just like the entirety of the imagined future,....

      ...the moment now, ...........is it any more than conceptual puff?

      :-)

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic