13380Re: PATANJALI'S VISION OF ONENESS

  • Jeff Belyea
    Oct 29, 2004
      Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
      Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
      translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:

      Leave behind the rituals of religion,
      which may be likened to milk, and feast
      on the meat of the advanced teachings
      (and you will)...

      step into perfection.

      Hebrews 5-6

      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
      VENKATESANANDA
      > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
      > II. 45
      >
      > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
      and
      > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
      of
      > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
      > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
      of
      > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
      > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic