13340Passing of Yogi Bhajan

  • Era
    Oct 7, 2004
      It is with a great sense of loss that I am writing on behalf of
      the staff and family of the Siri Singh Sahib (Yogi Bhajan) to let you
      know that he has left his physical body. He joyfully accepted the will
      of God and Guru at 9 PM Mountain Standard Time on the evening of October
      6, 2004 in his dome in Espanola, New Mexico.
      The cause was complications
      due to heart failure
      Before leaving, he requested that this be a time of celebrating his
      going home. During the traditional Sikh 17 day period of remembrance,
      culminating with a memorial service, he has asked that we come together
      each day, chant, pray, talk, serve food, and eat together.

      The Siri Singh Sahib always taught us, that in times of joy and sorrow
      we should come together to be with one another. It is with Sangat and
      Pangat that we will find our true comfort and acceptance. So in his
      spirit, open your homes and hearts, your Gurdwaras and yoga centers, and
      gather with all those who have experienced the touch of the Master. Let
      this be a time for prayers and reflection and a way to take care of our
      needs for comfort.
      Mat mai pichhai ko-ee rovsee so mai mool na bhaa-i-aa.
      Mit paijhai mit bigsai jis mit kee paij bhaav-ay.
      Let no one weep for me after I am gone. That would not please me at
      all.

      When a friend receives a robe of honor, then his friends are pleased
      with his honor.
      Guru Arjan Dev

      Siri Guru Granth Sahib Page 923
      The Siri Singh Sahib has guided this transition process and wanted you
      to know that his family and all our organizations are secure and will
      continue in the way that he has directed.

      Details of these arrangements
      will be forthcoming shortly.
      Arrangements for his cremation and Memorial Services are presently being
      planned and will be posted at www.sikhnet.com/yogibhajan

      You may also hear a recording with this information if you call (505)
      367-1688. The website and telephone message will be updated daily, and
      you can leave messages at (505) 367-1661/1662. Please understand that

      most likely time will not permit us to return all of your calls

      YB gave me my spiritual name

      Sat Kartar Kaur