13335Zen and the Art of Knifemaking

    Oct 4, 2004
      There are 2 new pictures in our Photo section (#45 and 46) that show
      the knife I finished making recently. The blade is a birdseye random
      pattern damascus and the handle is buffalo horn. I'm finding that
      knife making as a hobby (or for now, in my case, somewhat of a
      compulsion:-), is very much about the doing and very little about the
      end result. And if you're not here and now during the doing, you may
      soon find yourself having to function with less fingers or other body
      parts than you started with. So, in a way, I guess that makes it kind
      of analogous with all of life.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic