13294Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Religion

  • Santino_50
    Sep 24, 2004
      Ideally, religiosity and spirituality complement each
      other. I practice a religion which has it's "rules &
      regs" delineated at length. Happily, it also has a
      long, rich tradition of meditation and mysticism. It
      seems to me that most mystics--western or eastern
      Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc.--use the
      basic tennants of their faith traditions as anchors as
      they find their own spiritual paths. There are very
      religious people who are not particularly spiritual
      and spiritually mature individuals for whom religion
      holds little meaning. I believe, however, that in an
      ideal world, however, each enriches the other.

      thanks,

      Patrick

      --- Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:

      > "Nina"
      > <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello, Jeff,
      > >
      > > It would seem that while the folks
      > > you have met via the internet who
      > > write of transformation feel no need
      > > to couch it in spiritual or religious
      > > language, the 'religion' is still there.
      > > Why else would someone log on every single
      > > day and read all these messages?
      > >
      > > So, what Don told you, that religion exists
      > > to support transformation, might be more
      > > applicable in this situation than first
      > > glance.
      > >
      > > On the other hand, one might wonder whether
      > > religion exists as a byproduct of transformation.
      > > It is all 'how you see it'.
      > >
      > > Nina
      >
      > Hello, Neeeeeeeeena,
      >
      > Yes, many of the denomination Internetist
      > do their daily readers "faithfully". Round and round
      > this world goes. Maybe Yahoo! will replace
      > Hallelujah! one day, the way "What IS" or
      > "This" replaces God.
      >
      > A Bob Rose by any other name, would he
      > be as sweet? (Posting especially sweet
      > and divine messages these last few days.
      > Gratitude for a good start to his gods of
      > the pigskin contests.)
      >
      > Religion as a byproduct of transformation
      > seems to be on the same hand as Don's
      > bit of wisdom. Chicken or egg?
      >
      > Sipping hot lemon water, reflecting on
      > days of hazelnut coffee and cinnamon buns.
      >
      > Blissful love for you, as always,
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > (�)

      http://vote.yahoo.com