13265Meditation and diet

  • Tony Osime
    Sep 16, 2004
      Hello Everyone

      I have not posted for months but I try to read the daily summaries.

      I found the topic of meditation and diet very interesting. I have a
      question.

      I read somewhere that those who meditate are more aware of their bodies
      and as such are more receptive to the signals their bodies give them in
      the presence of food. I wonder if any of use could share their own
      experience along these lines.

      I understand that it is possible to be so aware that when you shop for
      groceries you can actually feel your body saying yes or no to certain
      foods. I envisage being able to hold a food item and reflect on what
      your body was saying - ignoring perhaps the strange looks from others
      around you!

      ...Tony
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic