13141Re: how about this

    Aug 7, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dabo_now"
      <dscasta@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dabo_now"
      > <dscasta@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > meditation is the "health" of your being.
      > >

      > > comments, anyone?
      > >

      > > you should know that i have had only one glimpse of what might be
      > > meditation, i am certain i am not in meditation right now, but this
      > > is exactly my point - i feel like a fucking walking disease most of
      > > the time.
      > >

      > > dabo
      >

      > let me remove the word "being", cause someone may not like it.
      >

      > meditation is the "health" of who you are.
      >

      > dabo

      Dear Dabo,
      I am really not sure at all of what you mean by using the term
      "health" relative to meditation. Classically, meditation is the 7th
      step in an 8 part process that leads to (here goes more subjective
      words:-) Enlightenment/Cosmic Comsciousness/Realization.
      The first 5 steps establish a strong foundation by having you practice
      dispassion by neither running towards things or away from them, and
      discrimination between the real and the unreal, the finite and the
      infinite, and in a way, right from wrong. Also practiced and gained is
      self control, by having you master your senses, breath, and generally
      all reactivity. Then you aren't doing the things that are "wrong"
      (take your peace away/distract you) and you are ready for the 6th
      step, which is Concentration. You then find, after making all the
      efforts necessary and appropriate, when you really are Concentrating
      and your mind is focused and one-pointed, that Meditation (the 7th
      step) comes to you effortlessly. And ultimately, in the 8th and
      ultimate part, Contemplation, what is revealed is what has always been
      the case... that (as you put it), "who you are" is
      Truth/Consciousness/Bliss. And you live happily ever after.