1305FW: Journal Entry - October 29 - tosime
- Nov 3, 2002Journal Entry - tosime
Date: October 29
Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
Time: 07:10 a.m.
Duration: 60 minutes (open)
Posture: Seated on chair
Body: Eyes closed,
- tongue tip to pallet,
- hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
Room Condition: Darkened room
- One candle
- Essential Oil - (Rainforest Flowers+water on burner)
Pre-session: Sip of water
- full body stretch (3 times).
Mind Chatter: Medium - High.
Waves of bliss: None.
Experience: Very Good Session.
Result: Argument influenced session.
Previous evening's augment influenced session. Even before I started my
meditation the "minor" argument was spinning in my mind. After the start of
the meditation, a whole series of thoughts and images revolved around the
subject. I said to myself that it might be very difficult to go beyond this
emotional activity during this meditation session.
As I passed though the stages, the emotion subsided. Even in stage 4,
strands of the argument still came through. Eventually I broke through to a
very peaceful place where nothing (worldly) seemed to matter. Had lots of
insights and development - will be lucky if I can remember half of them.
1) Do not rationalize images, just observe. (A page of text appeared in
front of me. As I started to read it, the text dissolved).
2) Include previous day's event that most influenced the meditation session
as part of the journal entry.
3) There was a question on time perception in meditation a while ago. Long
before the question came up I has placed a large wall clock next to my
meditation table. During this session, I opened my eyes a little earlier
than usual and glanced at the clock as I came slowly out of the session. The
clock appeared to be moving slightly faster than normal and seemed to slow
down gradually as I came out of the meditation.
4) Confirmation that waves of bliss are acting as inducements to go deeper
into the meditation. As I went deeper, different waves would start up then
stop when I stopped going deeper. At the depth I reach now I find it
difficult to go deeper. Sometimes focusing on certain inner sounds takes me
deeper but usually only slightly. The key might be a sort of surrender and
relaxation - not trying anything.
5) Exhausted my memory - there were at least 5 more insights.
6) Very good session - lots of development.
7) Remembered one more - inner smile or faint smile does work but I need to
be careful and keep it in the background otherwise it could be distracting.