13028Re: Knives vs Meditation

  • Nina
    Jun 28, 2004
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > We now have about 375 members, and our sister/brother
      > meditation/nonduality/enlightenment/etc sites have as many as a
      little
      > over double this. I recently became interested in collecting and
      > learning how to make knives. I couldn't possibly tell you where or
      why
      > this yen came into my consciousness, but there it was, and so I
      sought
      > out information on the web about this (what I thought was) somewhat
      > esoteric hobby/calling/material desire/whatever. Well, it turns out
      > that one group I belong to has 24,000 members, another 16,000, and
      > another 15,000. So, I guess what I'm wondering is what the
      > significance of there being such a greater apparent interest in
      > knives than in consciousness evolving subjects.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob
      > PS: Anybody know where I can get some good damascus blades at
      > reasonable prices?:-)

      You could say that knives can be consciousness evolving objects.

      My favorite knife is the swiss army serrated knife I've had for
      camping and such. It is better than ginsu. I can saw down small
      trees and then still slice tomatoes. Plus, it fits very nicely
      in my purse. LOL! I admit that I have thought to have it near
      as a defense (hehe, how universal is THAT?) a time or two, but
      luckily have never had to use it in that capacity.

      Here is a link to an amazing knife store:
      http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/prodlist.jsp?
      Mode=Text&SearchText=damascus
      I don't know how reasonable their prices are, but the
      folks are "real nice" there. They are a little like a museum,
      with lots of old, old knives on display, as well as knives
      for sale.

      Bob, if you think knives are big, you haven't seen the traffic
      this side of town on the gun show days. Yee haw!

      Nina
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic