12980Re: About Drugs and Delusional Advise/T and A

    Jun 20, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tom flou"
      <tom@f...> wrote:
      > > Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:47:26 -0700 (PDT)
      > > From: Anna Cardinal <kalinitkadrimos@y...>
      > > Subject: Re: About Drugs and Meditation
      >
      > > Tom,
      > > Thank you for great information.
      > > This is what concerns me, I believe 15 years of this toxin is
      possibley irreversible.

      > This is a very natural worry that you can notice when it enters your
      mentation.
      > The thought itself is not unreasonable, but you need to investigate
      > its plausibility.
      > Promoting it into a belief is a problem, then you are hooked on it,
      > - until you don't believe it anymore.
      > (The little man I talked about, keeps sending upp all the thoughts
      he think
      > you need to support your current belief-system ;-)
      > I, for one, do not believe it is a fact.

      Well, one can believe that there is no moon in the sky, no other
      living people, horses that talk, and other similar things, but it is a
      FACT that there is a brutal physical, emotional, and mental result if
      you are not weaned off of a benzodiazepine medication medically
      appropriately. You will have "REAL" problems that may take weeks or
      even months to come on, but when they do, and they will, whether you
      "believe" it or not, ... you'll then understand why many doctors Anna
      has seen refuse to even get involved with the process. But, there are
      physicians who can help getting off of these meds. It's a matter of
      finding them.

      > I have a friend who for many years has taken Clonazepam for epilepsy.
      > If he forgets to take it, he is at risk of getting an epileptic
      seizure,
      > but he does not miss the drug in any other way - rather, he feels
      less tired without it.
      > But when you discontinue the drug, your underlying anxiety emerges
      again.
      > This can be mistaken for withdrawal symptoms.

      No - you WILL experience withdrawal symptoms. And they are heavy-duty
      and can be life threatening.

      > In fact this is what you choose to believe,
      > according to your self-proclaimed belief-system ;-)

      No, all of medical knowledge will point to this as reality - not a
      "belief system". Thinking they are just a choice that can be ignored
      is a potentially dangerous "self-proclaimed belief-system".

      > >I am working very hard at "being surpremely happy in thought",
      >
      > All this hard work does nothing but draining your energy, Anna.
      > It cannot be 'done'.

      Well, there are dozens of studies that demonstrate that "being
      surpremely happy in thought" is very much more beneficial to healing,
      organ-system function, mood, and so on, than is just letting your
      thoughts run wild and/or stay in negativity.

      > The happiest you can get, is when you let go of all thoughts :-)
      > Start with investigating the truth-value of all emerging thoughts.
      > Write them down as they appear.
      > Then, ask yourself, one by one, if you can be really certain, they
      are true.
      > If not, discard them. (Once you realize they are lies, you donĀ“t
      want them anyway)
      > It takes some doing and repetition. Don't blame yourself, if they
      emerge again.
      > This part is beyond your control.
      >
      > >and to just tell the negative stuff that starts swirling around in
      our minds, to go away.
      > >It has no true power over us. We are protected all the time, even
      unaware,
      > >and even when we do not consciosly asks.
      >
      > Yes! In reality there are no problems.

      That's quite a judgement call, and I think that this statement itself
      is leaning towards magical thinking, and being in denial, and a whole
      bunch of other "problems".

      > Problems are caused by the mind,

      and the body, and other people, and stress, and other things that on
      our dualistic reality extistence level are "real".

      > suggesting uninvestigated, unverified hypothesis, we chose to
      believe in.

      Like much of what you have shared here. I'm sure you have good
      intentions, but medically I think you mistaken, and it would be a
      disaster to follow the path you are pointing to.