12955Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Jun 12, 2004
      "'Without You, God, I couldn't do anything. I am only Your humble
      instrument and I offer my service to humanity.' That is what is called
      sacrificing the result of your actions. Only that sacrifice is real
      service. All other things are business. You do something; you get
      something in return.

      Instead of that, life should be motivated this way: 'I am here to
      serve.' Or, in other words, 'I am made to serve--I am only a tool.'
      Then your heart is always peaceful. There is nothing to disturb your
      peace. As one of the saints said, 'I have eternal peace and bliss. I
      have no suffering at all. Because all suffering is created by 'me'
      wanting to get the reward. Once I give that up, I have no suffering at
      all. I am always in bliss.'"

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      www.swamisatchidananda.org
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic