12953Re: truth

    Jun 9, 2004
      <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "texasbg2000"
      > > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > > If the truth is defined as that which does not change, then how
      > can
      > > > thought be considered the truth.
      > > >
      > > > Misconception and accurate cognition are better designations for
      > > > thoughts. Accurate cognition is referred to as the truth. What
      > is
      > > > wrong with that?
      > > >
      > > > Is it really so profound to confound the two meanings of the
      > > > word 'truth', and call that the truth?
      > > >
      > > > Moralists consistantly use this confusion to justify their own
      > > > misconceptions, and blind the reason of others.
      > > >
      > > > love
      > > > Bobby G.
      > >
      > > Yo Sri Bobby G,
      > > Actually, the initial statement..."The truth is...there is no Truth.
      > > And that's the Truth!" seems to be a semi-typical Sufi device that
      > > presents both sides of a concept in a way that negates the validity
      > > of either view. This presents the opportunity to cease further
      > mental
      > > chattering about the subject, and opens the door to the possibility
      > > of direct experience of the subject/concept that words, be they
      > ones
      > > of "Truth" or of "Untruth", can only point to.
      > > And that may or may not be the Truth:-)
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob
      >
      > just chattering Bob.
      >
      > The old message board is a little dry these days.
      >
      > If there is no justice there is no need for truth. That is probably
      > not true. Or is it?
      >
      > Love
      > Bobby G.

      Hi Bobby GJi,
      I'm watching many seeming injustices play out right now in my so
      called "real life". Such as the death at 51 of one of my closest
      friends 3 weeks ago, my mother deteriating into dementia to the degree
      that yesterday she had to be moved from her assisted living apartment
      into the nursing section of her facility, another good friend in
      heavy-duty treatment for severe thyroid problems, and my sister
      getting post surgery chemo for cancer. And all of these people are
      saints as far as I know, and have only been helpful and righteous
      their whole life. And I sit witnessing the drama play out, and know
      that Saadam and other so called "bad guys" are healthy right this Now.
      And I discriminate between the finite and the infinite, and put aside
      judgements, comparisons, and other intellectual ramblings, without any
      more reactivity to emotional swings and physical sensations than as if
      watching a TV show. The Big She/He in the Sky is using my eyes to see,
      my ears to hear, my body to touch, my tongue to taste, and my nose to
      smell this local environment, and my spirit to know the infinite. And
      my blessing is to be able to go along for the ride. And I know there
      is no "me" that is in any way a part of of the drama nor apart from
      any of it. I know I know nothing of any Truth and am aware of the
      reality of "Thy will be done". But yet, something within has a "gut
      feeling" that because there is no justice, the Truth is that
      .......how do buddhists put it??? ... something like ... "Until all
      sentient beings have reached enlightenment, I will continue to do what
      I can to be a vehicle for easing suffering and spreading ... uh... the
      "Truth"