12925[Meditation Society of America] Re: Siddha Yoga

  • jodyrrr
    May 26 2:46 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Goode <goode@d...>
      wrote:
      > At 09:04 PM 5/26/2004 +0000, jodyrrr wrote:
      >
      > >In my opinion, way, way too much emphasis is placed
      > >on the Swami. It's a personality cult, and those are
      > >the worst venues of all to acquire spirituality, IMO.
      >
      > ...You go, Jody!!

      This isn't to say that one cannot acquire spirituality
      in the context of Swami C's satsang.

      I know of one woman who has come to realization,
      seemingly entirely in the context of Siddha Yoga.

      She gushes just as much about her guru as the rest
      of them, and she appears to be just as sucked up into
      the personality thing as the rest of them. But this
      woman definitely got it. So despite my personal
      opinions about Swami C. and Siddha Yoga, it could
      very well be the best possible place for a particular
      aspirant to be.

      --jody.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic