12864Re: Question from Email - Meditation and digestion

  • Nina
    Apr 8, 2004
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Medit8,
      >
      > When I meditate for half an hour a
      > day for several days, my digestive
      > system, which is normally strong,
      > becomes upset, & I don't digest
      > foods well & even get diarrhoea,
      > I also feel somewhat spacy. When I
      > stop meditating all symptoms return
      > to normal within several days.
      >
      > What is the cause of this effect & what is the solution to it. I do
      > want to meditate because of its great benefits, but these symptoms
      > are holding me back.
      >
      > Looking forward to your reply,
      >
      > Best Wishes,
      > M*** E***

      :) It seems, you have already determined the
      answer to your question.

      A friend's father is a doctor. He always laughs
      in recounting instances of patients coming to him
      with stories such as "when I do this, this hurts!
      what do I do, doc?!"... what can he say, except:

      "Don't do that!"

      Anyhoo, anything any of us would say on this
      message board would be based on assumption,
      as all we know is that it has to do with
      meditation for half an hour a day for several
      days. We do not know what kind of meditation,
      how you are breathing, or how you are sitting.

      Nina
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic