12842Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question from an email

  • Jason Fishman
    Apr 2, 2004
      We date layers of rock by the layer via composition changes throughout seasons, so it's not really dating the rock, but the layer of sediment. Fossils buried in those layers then are supposed to be from a period dependent on the layer they are found.

      Pratical use of decay methods, such as carbon dating, have shown to be fairly accurate in comparison to the layer counting methods. It continues to get more confusing the deeper one goes as to variations in sedment "shift" where there is no real pattern to follow to determine age (or period) when a fossil can be said to have been a living creature during a certain era of the earths inhabitable life.

      Typical science methods depend on unilateral proof, unfortunatly the deeper (older) into anything one goes the less unilateral things appear. This prospect hold true also in day to day life, with the memory of human beings becomming less clear over time as shifts in perception wash away old ideas and habits.

      Peace and Love

      We date fossils by which rock layer they are found in.
      But we date the rock layers by the fossils they contain.
      So, whatsupwiththat?

      Do you Yahoo!?