12782[Meditation Society of America] Re: Crossing over?

  • jodyrrr
    Mar 4 7:12 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
      wrote:
      > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
      >
      > Thanks, star

      Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
      according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
      Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

      Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
      like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
      She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
      that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

      She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
      all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
      and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

      > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > I have no idea what you are talking about
      > >
      > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
      > >
      > > cool of jody
      >
      > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
      >
      > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
      > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
      > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
      > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
      > (and therefore more illusory) form.

      > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic