12774Re: Crossing over?

  • jodyrrr
    Mar 4, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
      > > > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
      > > > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
      > > > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
      > >
      > > If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
      > > there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.
      > >
      > > However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
      > > delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
      > > this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
      > > the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
      > > generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
      > > your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
      > > increasing depths of delusion.
      > >
      > > The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
      > > the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
      > > looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
      > > your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.
      > >
      > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
      > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
      > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
      > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
      > >
      > > --jody.
      >

      > or can be looked at as other realities
      > of ourselves with an opened mind
      >
      > check out
      >
      > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
      >
      > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

      I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
      nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
      able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.

      The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
      kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
      To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
      coming from.

      So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
      as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
      after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
      they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
      is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
      tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
      existential fact.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic