12690[Meditation Society of America] Re: Pallavi's question

  • Onniko
    Feb 3, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep
      <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
      > Deception,
      > manipulations,
      > modus-operandi,
      > guilt,
      > intentions,
      > canniness deciphering through canniness,
      > true compassion versus shame,
      > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
      > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
      > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures,
      using the contrast between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,...
      that is savy young mind at work.
      > It is not a bewildered presentation.
      > The bewilderment is in Pallavi seeing her world, as she sees
      it, ..........where,........ in her words "if I am not asking for
      someone else's ice-cream, why cannot I be left alive, unhurt and not
      hungry, and with my Papa".
      > Yes Jason, it was/is essentially for her,........ " Why has it to
      be this way?"
      > If anybody has an answer for Pallavi and you are moved to
      articulate it,..........do so.
      > The rest of the load of crap,............... just uses up band-
      > Thank you Melody
      > Why am I not suprised that you, if at all you would
      respond, ..........it would be to Pallavi....:-).
      > Nina, what was my answer?
      > Nothing.Or not in words.
      > I just held Pallavi in my arms, till her sobs ceased.

      *v* Oh? Are you saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
      personally know and who was crying over the children who did
      not have peace and creature comforts?

      That surprizes me because I've seen many children around that age
      who have made art of the public appeals variety and they were as far
      from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a
      cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they
      felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see
      the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

      Their feeling for the children they depicted was never sorrow,
      but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for
      something they felt the old people in power needed to
      be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
      an insult to their intelligence, or a typical adult
      brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
      response to what they felt was their very insightful media efforts.

      Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads in here
      I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting that
      thought provolking public service announcement together. It
      is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
      point while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
      the question was smart because it makes the viewer think,
      whereas so often the authority method of script turns people
      off. Nice presentation, Pallavi.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic