12660[Meditation Society of America] Re: Pallavi's question/shape the hell up

  • Onniko
    Feb 2, 2004
      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

      > Gene Poole <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
      >
      > It appears to me that this powerpoint file was
      > NOT created by a 12YO girl, although one may
      > have been involved in its production.
      >
      > ___ Not very relevant, either way who the author was/is or the
      intent.

      > I agree with Nina and Bruce's assessment; and
      > although some discussion has been forthcoming,
      > my suggestion is that yes, the thing is definitely
      > manipulative and yes, it does assume that there is
      > already a context within the 'reader' which will be
      > prompted to react in a certain predictable way, as
      > has Jason.
      >
      > ___ I suppose I could have easily discarded it with the junk mail,
      that seems to be a pretty predictable way as well.

      > Babies? Puppies? Kittens?
      >
      > Dead babies? Where are the
      > dead puppies and dead kittens?
      >
      > ___ Death isn't at odds here, nor is it being presented that it's
      only a child that suffers at the hands of the haves greedy fingers.
      The suffering of animals is fairly relevent as well, but since we
      have no real, put forth ability to reduce this long time standing of
      suffering people (at the hands of haves), we'd be hard pressed to
      reduce the suffering scenerio of animals as well. This presentation
      just happened to be from a supposed 12 year old (I have an eleven
      year old that has done some similar presentations quite on his own.)

      *v* That's a good point, Jason. It's actually very typical
      of that age group as their creative efforts are often
      directed to emotional areas of life. The concrete is being
      expanded to the abstract and the area of compassion for
      others is being explored.

      Presentation from adults describe similar situations and a need for
      help in those areas. If all this is so well known and typical, then
      the answer should be pretty typical and well known as well.
      Apparently belaboring intent is the answer? HaHa.