12642Re: Pallavi's question/shape the hell up

  • Gene Poole
    Feb 2, 2004

      > > > I thought Nina might be moved.
      > > >
      > > > Pallavi, a 12 year old girl,.......is just bewildered
      > > > with the world right now.
      > > >
      > > > What would you Nina, like to answer her?
      > >
      > > No, no, you posted the original, please do go first as
      > > regards what you would like to answer her.
      > >
      > > Nina
      > >

      > > Oh come now Nina, take the leap.
      > >
      > > Peace and Love
      >
      > Jason, you might be able to see that I have already
      > taken a leap, considering Sandeep's cryptic,
      > uncontextualized posting. If he gives it context,
      > then a discussion may ensue, otherwise, the posting
      > remains in the realm of flippant one-linership,
      > another manipulation via senti-mentality. That's why
      > I was asking him what his thoughts behind it were -
      > it can't be that Sandeep is intending to come from
      > such a place.
      >

      > Nina

      It appears to me that this powerpoint file was
      NOT created by a 12YO girl, although one may
      have been involved in its production.

      I agree with Nina and Bruce's assessment; and
      although some discussion has been forthcoming,
      my suggestion is that yes, the thing is definitely
      manipulative and yes, it does assume that there is
      already a context within the 'reader' which will be
      prompted to react in a certain predictable way, as
      has Jason.

      Babies? Puppies? Kittens?

      Dead babies? Where are the
      dead puppies and dead kittens?