12627Re: Localization - stretching the mind

  • Nina
    Feb 1, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Goode
      <goode@d...> wrote:
      > At 11:54 AM 1/31/2004 +0000, Nina wrote:
      > >Hello, Greg, Jason, Michael L. and all,
      > >
      > >This weekend, I am taking a workshop with Lisa Clark, who
      > >teaches Body Mind Centering. I'm enjoying getting her perspective
      > >on the things we are discussing.
      > >
      > >In yogasana, one learns that one must go down to go up. Lisa
      > >Clark is particularly adept at explaining how one meets the
      > >earth, engaging it, by "yielding" (language in quotes is from
      > >the BMC vocabulary). This is a sattvic state, the balance within
      > >contact. When one 'befriends' gravity and does not attempt to
      > >"prop" (rajasic resistance) against gravity or "collapse"
      > >(tamasic release) into gravity, then there may be felt a
      > >rebound of energy upwards through the body.
      >

      > This is true! It's a way of allowing resistance to dissolve.
      >
      > In nondual meditation, it is easier to lose your sense of
      separation once it is first found. If it is well-identified and well-
      integrated, it's easier to get a handle on. Which is why therapy is
      often very helpful. That's like when I was in the Army in the 70s.
      About guys who weren't doing well, the drill sergeants said, "He
      don't have his shit together." About other guys who were doing a bit
      better, they said "He's got his shit together in one bag, but he just
      can't find the bag."

      Recently, I heard someone claim that one must learn the rules
      first before one breaks them. I tend to think this is a little
      one-dimensional, as we tend to me 'made up' of the tension
      between rules and breaking them. It isn't that someone spends
      the first ten years of their life learning and following the
      rules and then busts out from there on out breaking all the rules.
      Rather, the rules and the rule-breaking get written together,
      at the same time. Further, rule-breaking may be seen to be
      another rule...

      Could be, also, that those who aren't well-integrated have
      taken a shortcut to a minimizing sense of separation.

      grins,
      Nina
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic