12618Re: [Meditation Society of America] Sacrifice What Makes You Happy To Be Happy

  • Jason Fishman
    Jan 31, 2004

      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > Is this anything like the "just shut up and sit down" method? I
      think Judi over at the ranch has that one covered pretty well :-)

      Nina wrote:
      > And then sacrifice the sacrifice of the need of sacrifice.

      Dear Jason and all,
      In a way, it sort of is a "just shut up and sit down" method. But in a
      good way. What you would be shutting down is the mind's chattering
      inner commentary. For instance, if someone says you are "wrong" about
      something, if you have sacrificed your attachment to being "right",
      you are free from all of the usual negative inner dialogue that
      judges, compares, comments and reacts to what was said. So, this
      particular lesson is a tool to freedom from needless negative
      reactivity, and points you to "better" ways to be present in your life
      as it takes place like self-awareness, self-inquiry, self-control, and
      who knows, maybe to the big Self in the sky and in your heart:-)

      Hey there Bob,

      I'll not do the voodoo of top posting... is that a bad thing?

      I think what your expressing is good, meditation is good. I never thought of a goal to shut down the chatter, although I hear it all the time, "quite your inner self".

      I typically don't react (negative) to those around me, yet my thoughts are moving at times, chugging away at what is being relayed and taking  directly from the source. Walking in the shoes, so to speak.

      I'm quite happy with my mental chatter, there is typically a melody (the music type "melody", not the woman, hehe) floating around, making idle moments fun and entertaining. I also have some really good inner dialog occuring quite often and it just happens. I can see however how inner dialog can lead to stress and frustration (I'm positive I go down that road as well)... and so it goes, mostly a dull roar of peaceful thoughts abound, directed at no one in particular.

      Peace and Love

      Do you Yahoo!?