12592Re: An Enlightening Riddle

  • Nina
    Jan 26, 2004
      That is a good joke, Bob.

      It's funny to notice how the knee-jerk reaction
      to someone declaring my teaching to be 'not spiritual
      enough' is to figure out ways of saying she's got
      it all wrong. In other words, a sort of spiritual
      'one-ups-womanship' ensues. That's too bad. Meanwhile,
      neither of us are in heaven. :)

      Nina

      > Hi, This lady and her judgements of "spiritual correctness" reminds
      me
      > of this joke (and I'm sorry if it offends anyone:-):
      >
      > A man arrives at the gates of Heaven.
      > St. Peter asks, "Religion?"
      > The man says, "Methodist."
      > St. Peter looks down his list, and says, "Go to
      > Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."
      > Another man arrives at the gates of Heaven.
      > "Religion?"
      > "Baptist."
      > "Go to Room 18, but be very quiet as you pass
      > Room 8."
      > A third man arrives at the gates.
      > "Religion?"
      > "Jewish."
      > "Go to Room 11, but be very quiet as you pass
      > Room 8."
      > The man says, "I can understand there being
      > different rooms for different religions,
      > but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?"
      > St. Peter tells him, "Well, the Catholics are in
      > Room 8, and they think they're the only ones
      > here."
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic