12569Re: Localization

  • Nina
    Jan 16, 2004
      Thas' a good one, Greg. Nice contribution about the driving, Gene.
      Bob, your submittal on 'moving to feel alive' is interesting, as well.
      Michael L.'s posting of the information on his website and his
      'simple practice' has also coalesced with what you all have submitted
      to bring to mind something I have come across in teaching yoga -
      the person who "cannot do yoga" (their quotes) because they "must
      move / can't be still / don't want to be still". Some folks can tend
      to fetishize movement as proof of being 'more' alive. I include in
      this fetish the desire to 'take form', which is only an endpoint in
      a certain spectrum of movement.

      The word asana translates as 'seat' more than 'pose',
      though 'position' is usually how asana is taught. What you all
      have brought together, is a way of explaining the practice of
      asana, as a way of becoming aware of awareness observing the
      movement/form taking.

      Nina
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic