12429Re: Comfort thingy

  • jodyrrr
    Jan 1, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep <sandeepc@b...>
      wrote:
      > Hiya Jody-san,
      >
      > Happy New year to you and all out here.
      >
      > Jody-san, much discussion on the comfort thingy.
      >
      > If you are moved to, could you possibly summarize what you are saying, as after
      some time, I gave up wading through the maze of posts.

      > Thank you.

      Hey Sandeepji.

      Happy new year to you too.

      The human physical organism, and all life in general, is motivated to
      find comfort/security. All behavior is motivated by this need/drive,
      to find, maintain, and optimize comfort and/or the idea of comfort.
      In this way, a mother can throw herself in front of the speeding car
      to save her children. The safety of her children was where she found
      her comfort.

      Seeking comfort is the mother of all behavior, including the behavior
      to somehow transcend ourselves by 'becoming' realized.

      --jody.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic