11872Re: Keeping a Spiritual Journal

  • Swami-G
    Dec 5, 2003
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hi again,
      > I just got a personal Email from someone I feel is worthy of
      respect and listening to, who pointed to the Advaita-like position
      that there are no "levels" of consciousness (IE: mocking "...the
      idea that some "yous" are more "conscious",..."). Well, to me
      there is no inaccuracy with that , but it occured to me that this
      isn't at all incongrous with journaling, as typified by the Swami
      Sivananda(who was a Vedantan/Advaitan himself) method
      below, because if you look at it, it really is a method of looking at
      "Who am I". Just a thought (and you know how much trouble
      they can get you in:-)
      > Bob

      SG: while one is within duality there is a starting point .... not
      even Sri Ramana was actualized as a child ...... it took an
      event........ a point in duality where the mind was transcended
      .... the illusion broken ......

      until that time one is within duality and uses whatever is at hand
      to come to that point where the duality falls away .....

      this advaita view and perception about there are no levels of
      consciousness may only be spoken by one that is beyond the
      levels..... beyond the trap of mind and mental comings and
      goings......... until that time Yes there appears to be levels .....

      you can go around in denial of it using advaita speak and that
      is what it is simply denial which is not liberating at all.........
      there comes a point where the duality dissolves into Advaita but
      that is not as yet the norm for the whole of mankind ....... until
      that time a journal is advantageous as a mooring to see what
      patterns have been occurring thus bringing a point that may be
      contemplated and broken through ...... this comes by
      witnessing ....... then by a spontaneous Self Enquiry or Neti Neti
      which then takes over to cut the knots of illusion...... but this
      arises in a deep spontaneous manner and not by self as a
      limitational practice .....

      Next there will be the advaita speak of we are already that -----
      there is nothing to do ----- there is nowhere to go ...... etc.etc......
      that is true for the liberated One but not for those that are still
      within the mundane mental cognition and drama.........
      for them a journey is still in place which ends in it was always
      right here ---- right now ----- ...... it is the great paradox .......

      shanti om
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic