11855Nasrudin and the Law

    Dec 4, 2003
      Mullah Nasrudin got pulled over by a state trooper for
      speeding, and in a violent demeaning way, the trooper
      started to lecture him about his speed, and in general
      began to throw his weight around trying to make Nasrudin
      fearful and uncomfortable.

      Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the
      ticket, and as he was doing that he kept swatting at
      some flies that were buzzing around his head.

      Nasrudin said, "Having some problems with circle flies
      there, are you?"
      The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said- "Well
      yeah, if that's what they are-I never heard of circle
      flies."

      So Nasrudin says -"Well, circle flies are pretty common
      around here. See, they're called circle flies because
      they're almost always found circling around the back
      end of a horse."

      The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the
      ticket. Then after a minute he stops and says threateningly,
      "Hey...wait a minute, are you trying to call me a horse's ass?"

      Nasrudin says, "Oh no, officer. I have too much
      respect for law enforcement and police officers to even
      think about calling you a horse's ass."

      The trooper says, "Well, that's a good thing," and goes
      back to writing the ticket.

      After a long pause, Nasrudin says, "But it's pretty
      hard to fool the flies though."