1183words and stuff

  • JWMeritt@aol.com
    Oct 3, 2002
      Tony wrote:
      >Do I have to read up on physics and semantics to converse with you?

      Nah, but it would help if folks making physics and semantics assertions knew
      what they were talking about before they did it.

      >I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?

      Neither most physics textbooks nor Korbinski's work is not amendable for
      "quick perusal" for most.

      >What then can we say about our choice of words?

      Chose them well, grasshopper! ;-)

      Say what you mean and mean what you say.

      >I am lost even further. Who is Count Korbinski? What does he write about?

      Oh. Polish count during WWII. He authored the founding text referenced
      often in General Semantics - _Science_and_Sanity_
      (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0937298018/qid=1033650289/sr=1-

      3/ref=sr_1_3/104-9250910-4989559?v=glance ). I've always had trouble
      spelling his name.

      Jim