11804Journal Entry December 01; 2003 - Tony

  • tosime
    Nov 30, 2003
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: December 01 2003
      Time: 06:30 a.m.
      Duration: 30 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - Hands on knees
      - Index finger touching thumb
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
      Pre-session:
      - Full body stretch (3 times).
      - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
      Mind Chatter: Low
      Waves of bliss: None
      Experience: Fair Session. Focused on preparation

      Result: Quiet relaxed session - not as satisfying as other sessions.

      Saw preparation for meditation as a form of mediation. I need to avoid
      making it too complicated since the real purpose is the inner
      preparation as my mind and body get ready for the session.

      Noticed how each meditation experience reflected my physical state. If
      my physical state changed, the meditation experience would be different.
      My physical state moved through distinct stages of relaxation. Have a
      sense that the experiences at deeper stages of relaxation are "purer"
      since they have much les influence from my physical state.

      Good insight from previous session helped today as dwelt less on each
      passing thought.

      Question: What is the influence on meditation of keeping and sharing a
      meditation journal?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic