11803apperception? Sandeep

  • Bigbobgraham@aol.com
    Nov 30, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

> [...]

      > So long a conditioned psycho-somatic apparatus, is "alive",.................functioning will continue THROUGH it, in the moment,...........moment to moment to moment.
      >
      > This functioning will be a "fashioned" functioning, ...........fashioned by the innate, intrinsic conditioning prevailing in that object, which serves as a mere instrument of that functioning, in the moment.
      >
      > Further the conditioning, which is culmination of genetic legacy AND the nurturance,....... is not something which is etched in stone, it itself being part of the dynamically changing moment,.....thus the term used in neuro-science as conditioning-in-the-moment.
      >

      > The whole subject of motivation, Bobby,...... is moot,...........for there is no independent self, which exists, for it to be motivated OR demotivated.
      >
      > Thus,.........a "Dalai Lama",..............is helpless but to expound the tenets of ethics and sensitivity for others within a relating gestalt,........a gestalt which essentially is a phantasmagoria  of images.
      >

      > Another manifest object with another specific conditioning,.............is helpless in the moment, but to rave and rant at spirituality being a "mug's game for losers".
      >
      > Another is helpless but to be convinced about meditation, or X, Y, Z,........ to be the route to improve the non-existent self,....... for it become enlightened, or awakened, or self-realized or whatever bromide you wish to use.
      >
      > Another is helpless but to be absolutely convinced that it has exactly happened as so,.... for himself/herself.
      >
      > And is now hell bent that the whole world sees his/her halo which is so visible.
      >

      > Each so "fashioned functioning" is a nuance of that perfection of the One movement in the moment.
      >

      > Thus, nothing is "good" or "bad", ............nothing is "right" or "wrong",.......
      >
      > .....there is only impersonal functioning bringing about "eventings", ............in the moment,........moment to moment to moment,........
      >
      > ......"eventings", about which,...... again another set of nuances, would judge the eventings as "ethically correct" or "ethically/morally wrong".
      >

      > There is just the apperception of the truth of this Impersonal functioning, .........through the billions and billions of uniquely manifested objects, .........making the mosaic of phenomenality.
      >
      > The mosaic of phenomenality, of which this Universe is one mere bubble,.........the mosaic is itself  seen, to be a mere imagery.
      >
      > There is this apperception,............or there is not.
      >
      > Apperceiving such,...................do whatever, "you" are moved to.
      >
      > Whatsoever.
      >
      > For irrespective of whether the biological instrument is labeled as an "Enlightened Sage" or a "bum-on-the-street",...
      >
      > ...so long the biological instrument is alive,.........Impersonal functioning will continue to express through it, in the moment.

      Hi Sandeep:

      I will see if I understand you.

      Nothing needs to be considered as good or bad action because any action is taken simply as the result of the gestalt or deposit of actions that lead to it.  It is completely impersonal.  There is noone to do it, it just happens because of the Matrix so to speak.

      The conditioning in the moment.

      To explain something is to live out your karma to explain.  To kill another is to live out the cultural deposit that led to the killing.  This takes ethics out of the realm of the "real".

      If I got that much right, then I will try to go a little further.  There is apperception (of the moment to moment?) or there is not.  It does not affect the events as they unfold.  Do whatever you are moved to.

      Events unfold, Motivation is moot and apperception does not hinge upon it.

      I have added my phrases to see if I am on the right track with understanding you.

      > > At some point the concept can be seen as such, and meditation is not
      > > hindered by it.
      >

      > Meditation which is "hinderable" or which is "enhanceable:,.............is a technique,.............not meditation.
      >
      > The state of meditation, is really the end of the concept of meditation,......and thus the end of the "meditator".
      >
      > It is thus not dependant on ideation, any ideation, any conceptualization, (Zennic or Buddhist or Advaitic or Bhakti)....is not dependant on.....time, ........surrounding environ, ........place, .........or eventings which are happening in the moment.

      I think you are saying here that meditation is the "natural state".  With meditation there are no concepts or conceiver; just the state of meditation.

      Actually that is what I was referring to in my remark.

      E. said "1. The concept of escaping the chain of causation

      And I responded that at some point the concept can be seen as such, perceived as a concept, and then meditation is not hindered by it.

      I hope you will let me know if I am on the right track.
      Love
      Bobby G.