11746Andy: change and growth

  • jodyrrr
    Nov 28, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Andy <endofthedream@y...>
      wrote:

      [snip]

      > There is no growth.
      >
      > There is only apparent change.

      Some patterns and directions that can be observed in change are what
      we call growth.

      From the regard of the individual, there is a trajectory of development
      which seems to occur in the context of a spiritual practice. Especially
      fruitful practices trigger wholesale transformation of the personality
      and the identity structures that are the individual. It can be looked at as
      the combustion of identification, a harvesting of the significances
      which harbor the attachment to the personal being we think we are
      rather than the impersonal one we never have not been.

      When we know ourselves as that one, we can then see that we have
      never changed to be it.
    • Show all 123 messages in this topic