1172misused words

  • JWMeritt@aol.com
    Oct 2, 2002
      In a message dated 10/2/2002 9:50:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Tony asked:

      > Coming back to your post, can you give me an example of where "...a skeptic
      > has misused words to prove the nonexistence of the original phenomena when
      > its postulated characteristics can not be observed..."?

      How about the well-defined word "energy" being misused in the post addressed.
      And the word "vibration" is oft misused, especially in the context of
      "vibrational level". A quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks would
      pretty much immediately show that the terms do NOT belong where they are put.

      For example, the distinction between matter and electromagnetic energy is not
      as black-and-white as many would like to think. Matter is not "frozen light"
      quite as much as "light" (electromagnetic energy) with an absurdly high
      frequency (which goes along with really, really short wavelength).

      A brush up in General Semantics may help.

      Jim