11709Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dealing With Life Meditations

  • Eglaelin
    Nov 25, 2003
      Greetings and Felicitations,

      Why accept anger, hate, rage, fear and the
      multitude of negative emotions. Is not the goal
      to fill yourself with feelings of love,
      compassion and caring and empty yourself of
      feelings of fear and anger? Should we not be
      moved by the suffering of another? Should we
      simply look at the feelings these situations
      bring about without doing 'anything' about them.
      I seek to void myself of those emotions that do
      not lead to harmonious interaction with myself
      and the world around me.
      I think there can be a real danger in too much
      non-attachment. In other words do not become too
      attached to your non-attachment.

      Peace On Your Path,
      Eglaelin
      --- Andy <endofthedream@...> wrote:

      > Hi Eglaelin ~

      > Why not simply accept the emotion/state as long
      > as it is present? In
      > other words, do nothing (which is, of course,
      > still a doing).

      =====
      Peace On Your Path,
      Eglaelin