11691Re: Dealing With Life Meditations

  • Andy
    Nov 24, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Eglaelin"
      <eglaelin@y...> wrote:

      > Greetings and Felicitations,
      >
      > I would like to know what kind of meditiations members of the group
      > use when dealing with daily life. What kind of practical methods do
      > you use to keep from being angry, being afraid, being patient and
      > related subjects. I am seeking to build a collection of
      > meditations to be used in such situations.
      >
      > Thanks In Advance,
      > Eglaelin.

      Hi Eglaelin ~

      Why seek to avoid being angry (or afraid or joyful, for that matter)?

      Why not simply accept the emotion/state as long as it is present? In
      other words, do nothing (which is, of course, still a doing).

      None of the states (fear, angry, joy, humor, etc.) persist.

      This is true for both the pleasant and the unpleasant ones.

      They come and go, of their own accord, born out of the interaction
      between the immediate circumstances in which one finds oneself (the
      stimulus) and the innate conditioning-in-the-moment (one's wiring)
      which is operating at that moment.

      ~ andy
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic