1167More on "lying shame"

  • JWMeritt@aol.com
    Oct 1, 2002
      In a message dated 10/1/2002 9:51:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tony" <
      tosime@...> writes:

      > I could not quite understand your post. Could you explain it for me please?

      Words that have well-defined and well-known acceptable meanings (in this case
      "energy") are misused to apply to things that they really don't, and people
      extrapolate from known characteristics of the item identified ("energy") to
      prognosticate unobserved phenomena that just don't happen. Instead of
      communicating the person misusing the term spreads confusion or disbelief.
      Such misuse has been used by skeptics in many arena as proof of nonexistence
      of the original phenomena when there postulated characteristics can not be
      observed.

      Personally, I would much rather that a new word be used that didn't have the
      additional baggage.

      Jim