1161Lying shame - JWMeritt

  • Tony
    Sep 30, 2002
      Hi JWMeritt,

      I could not quite understand your post. Could you explain it for me please?

      Curiouser and Curiouser?
      "'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it
      means just what I choose it to mean--neither more or less.' 'The question
      is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.' 'The
      question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master--that's all.'"

      --Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

      In a message dated 09/28/2002 8:25:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tony"
      <tosime@b...> writes:

      > When you're at peace, you radiate a different kind of energy than
      > when you're stressed or depressed.

      In my opinion, as well as in the opinions of others, misusing a term which
      has a clear definition ("energy") inappropriately causes folks to
      from what is said along the lines of the term which is misused leading to
      inaccuracies in thought.

      A lying shame that it has been expanded to this arena...
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic