11581Re: Nekkid Instigation/Poll entry

  • Gene Poole
    Nov 4 12:36 PM

      > > > Hehe, are we all so ignorant about meditation
      > > > and nonduality that we have to talk about it
      > > > with other people?
      > > >
      > > > devi-lishly,
      > > > Nina
      > >
      > > devi:
      > > hmmm. got me! i know that the word *ignorance* wasn't right but
      > > i couldn't think of a less offensive one...obviously, i think that
      > > most of the people in these groups think that kind of sex club is
      > > *sleazy* eh? i'm a middle-aged woman with 5 grown children, jps
      > > offer gave me the creeps..to me it was so totally inappropriate to
      > > put out an invite in this highly evolved group of beings...in
      > > Conversations with God i think we are called HEBs..
      > What are HEBs?

      "Highly Evolved Beings"

      Or is it... "Hardly Evolved Beings"?

      > I think we ought to take a poll:
      > Do you think that kind of sex club is *sleazy*?
      > A. Yes.
      > B. No.
      > C. No opinion.
      > D. I am too overcome by sensual urges
      > to respond articulately.
      > E. I am too overcome by nondual being
      > to respond articulately.
      > F. Question does not compute: what's the
      > difference between nondual being and sex?

      I choose 'd'

      > Feel free to add your own multiple choice answers.

      After I broke out of the Matrix,
      I saw, with astonishing clarity,
      that the entire point of 'taboo'
      in society, is simply and purely

      One primary means of control, is
      the threat of being ostracized
      socially... of being banished, of
      being seen as 'not as good as she
      should be'... it is this threat, which
      is so full of fear, which keeps people
      in their boxes... with boundaries defined
      thousands of years ago, and enforced by
      pain, burning at the stake, torture, and death.

      A taboo may be meaningless in reality, but
      those who violate them, are red-flagged as
      deviants; and those who wish to take a stand
      'on the moral high ground' will speak and act
      against taboo-breakers... the punishment is not
      only inevitable, but mandatory as well...

      We are seeing here, in this example, the nakedly
      political nature of the popularity/power contests
      which these lists are rife with. The one who speaks
      out first and loudest against 'deviation' is the one who
      is trying to attain the topmost position in this little society.

      Nonetheless, we can expect that the 'enforcers' (agents!)
      which appear among us, at the drop of a cue, will continue
      to enact their robotic scripts of disapproval, punishment
      and execution of 'deviants'. The gossip-train never stops!

      > Seems that, when it comes to expounding on nonduality,
      > that every other topic is fair game...
      > donuts, incense, photography, painting, hiking,
      > dogs and other animals, martial arts, physics,
      > psychology, yoga/meditation, love and loss, gender,
      > wisdom at the Waffle House, gardening, the creative
      > process from poetry to parenting, metaphor after metaphor,
      > on and on...
      > So, why not sex?

      Right. Of course. But what is sex???

      > Would you cut one square from the quilt,
      > calling it inappropriate?
      > It seems, that inappropriate is merely...
      > what you make it.
      > It is interesting to note the areas of one's life
      > that one distinguishes as being 'not appropriate'...
      > why are these areas not appropriate, and in what context?
      > It reminds me of a baby shower I attended a week or so ago,
      > to honor my husband's brother and our sister-in-law, and
      > the imminent coming of their child. This shower was held
      > in one of the bastions of Southern propriety. It was
      > fabulous entertainment to see what aspects of childbirth
      > and rearing that group of folks chose to view and veil.
      > I have become so used to navigating among a group of people
      > who are entirely frank about the body, the gore, the pain,
      > the parts, the inputs and outputs. It is always something
      > of a shock to find myself ostracized when I carry that
      > frankness into distant polite companies... such as at the
      > shower, when I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the color
      > of poison ivy scabs (green) and wound up silencing a roomful
      > of people who stared in offense.

      Heh heh... yet another black mark for Nina!

      > It is that way with sex, as well. It is either not mentioned,
      > or mentioned in veiled ways, through jokes or euphemisms.
      > What would it look like to have as frank a relationship
      > with one's sexuality, as one might have with one's personality
      > tendencies? There is nothing innapropriate to be found, then.

      True... although, there is bad timing.

      > It will be interesting to see what comes from JP's club.
      > Will it be more veils, or more views? Will it further a greater
      > understanding within community, and of oneself? Will JP rise
      > to the role of moderator, and support honest and even 'safe'
      > exploration and sharing? This all remains to be seen...
      > until then, it seems premature to label it as 'sleazy',
      > or anything else... until then, and perhaps even then,
      > any label would be pure projection, more a reflection of
      > one's preferences, than the facts of the club.
      > Nina

      Fear is the motivator;
      politics is the method.

      ==Gene Poole==